Skip to main content

2020-02-17: Transfers – I’M TRAINING!!!

Hernando & Karol's baptism by Hernando's son
(& Karol's dad, who is also the 2nd counselor
in the bishopric) with Elders Sorensen & Flores.
Hello everyone! How was your week? Our week out here was AWESOME!! Like always, we worked crazy good and we are starting to see A FEW of the fruits. A few awesome people we found this week and several awesome others that are progressing really well. God is good. 

This week we had the baptism of Hernando (the father of our 1st counselor) and Karol (the son of the 1st counselor). They are an awesome family. The rest of the family is progressing pretty well. One lady really likes the Pentecostal church, but the Book of Mormon has lots of power. ;) 

We found several awesome Venezuelans this week. Rainier (this guy we found last week) is AWESOME. We had several appointments with him this week, and he came to the baptism on Saturday. He is progressing and reading the Book of Mormon a lot and looking for the truth. We also found a lady named Orlandis and her brother Roswalt and his girl, Margarita. They are pretty young and don’t know much about God, but they are eager to learn more. 

We also found this awesome group of youth that all go to the Baptist church. We had an interesting lesson with them. Once again I learned the importance of the Book of Mormon, but also the importance of having a knowledge and experience with the Bible. The Bible is true. I feel too often we rely solely on the Book of Mormon, and we really need to use and study both equally. 

Louisa is progressing pretty well, reading the Book of Mormon. She turned 15 this week and had her quinceañera, so she didn’t come to church on Sunday. But she told us she wants to be baptized. 

Nicol is also progressing really well. She has a few questions, but she loves the Book of Mormon and knows it’s true. She also wants to be baptized very soon. 

I went on an exchange this week with the zone leaders. It was pretty good, but I definitely learned the importance of urgency and effective work. For me, there’s a big, big difference between just working hard versus working effectively and diligently. 

Yuly should be returning from Venezuela this week, and she told us she wants to be baptized as soon as she gets back!!! 

This week I read Job 23 and also 2 Corinthians 11 and 12 that really impacted me. I love challenges. I love the opposition and difficulty God gives me. I will follow His footsteps and never leave His path. I love His holy words found in the scriptures and from today’s prophets. I will never part from Him; because of Him I joy in my challenges, para que repose sobre mí su poder (so that His power rests upon me). God is good. And after He has tested me, I will come forth as gold. Gold is not hurt or bothered by the fire, it is purified. 

We had transfers today. Elder Flores left, and now I’m TRAINING!!!! Ha-ha. I’m pretty excited. I’ve never trained before, so I’m super excited. I will be working with Elder Norton until Wednesday. We are both training, and Wednesday we go to get our new comps. 

God is good. Les amo!!
Elder Sorensen
Baptism of Hernando (in the middle) and Karol (in front)
with Karol's dad, mom, and the branch president (second from right).

Our baptismal font, as our building is under construction.

Best lasagna I've had on my mission--close comparison to Mom's.

Elder Flores

2nd Counselor, Elder Sorensen & Hernando

Second counselor (wearing daughter's hair)
with Elder Sorensen

Elders Sorensen, Huatuco, Flores, and Berrio before transfers

Popular posts from this blog

2020-02-03: Study and Apply the Scriptures

Elder Flores, Elder Sorensen, y Elder Ypushima Hola hola!! This week was pretty good :) Still working good and finally starting to find a lot more and better people to teach.  A few good investigators we found:  We found a lady named Lady (haha) and her boyfriend Daniel. They go to a different church but are super interested. They had tons of questions and really want to learn about what we teach. While teaching them, Daniel read 2 entire pamphlets and the whole introduction to the Book of Mormon!!! WOW!! He began asking tons of really good questions. They are awesome. Another lady we found is named Jennifer Lopez. Hahahaha, en serio (Seriously!). She also goes to a different church but really wanted to learn more, especially what doctrines the church is founded in. We had an awesome lesson with her, and she really wants to find the truth.  Also a lady named Erlinda, who was waiting for us when we went back to her house for the appointment. She is a teache...

2019-01-14: An Awesome Week!

This week was super duper awesome! We had an awesome baptism and worked really hard but also had tons of fun. I love being a missionary and helping other people find true happiness. Me and David. He is one month younger than me. Well ok, martes/Tuesday our district meeting was super good. (I love 1 Nephi 19:9 , it makes me think if Jesus did all that for me because He loves me and wants me to be happy, I should love Him too and try harder to do the things He asks of me. I also learned I should develop this love for other people and put their happiness and needs above my own.) Anyways, we got back to Potosi and then after lunch, went to work. We had several people with goals to be baptized the coming Saturday, so we really needed to meet with them. Well, we only found one of them (Remberto), and we had a super good lesson with him, but he is a little hesitant to be baptized because he wants a firm solid testimony before he makes that choice. We explained how that was good but ...

2019-08-26: GOD IS GOOD

E. Sorensen & E. Bird This week was AMAZING. Martes/Tuesday we had consejo de lideres (Leadership Council) and President gave a super good class on a talk by Elder Uchtdorf (who is cargo of the mission work for the church). The talk was called ´´Por tanto, id´´ and it was given specifically for missionaries and presidents. It explained a lot about the importance of baptism and a missionary´s role in helping investigators get baptized. It helped me see that I can work a lot better and harder to help people get baptized. A few super awesome quotes... ´´A day without an effort to look for new people to teach is a day that you didn’t complete your purpose as a missionary´´  or ´´be a fisher of men´´... ´´do you really think Christ would send you to a place where there are no ´fish´ or people to teach? ´´ Dang. Awesome class. Later in the week, I found a talk in our house called the Donaldson Papers. WOW!!! I think every missionary needs to read that talk. It seriously changed...