Skip to main content

2019-10-14: Pictures

The other day we walked by this garage and the door was open. As I walked by I realized there sat an old Mustang like I drove back home. My comp and I went to look and talk to them. They were working on a nice 1967 Mustang. We chatted for a bit about cars, religion, and stuff. I felt like my Grandpa Sorensen just walking into someone's garage and talking about cars. Haha. The guy started it up and let me sit in it and rev the engine. Sweet.




The sister missionaries in our ward had a wedding and the baptisms of a couple. It was awesome. I baptized the guy (in Quechua). They are both from Potosi.


The Wedding
Elder Norton & I with the newly married couple
With the sister missionaries
With family and friends
Last Monday we went hiking for pday. This is the tallest mountain in Cochabamba called Tunari.
Elder Norton & Elder Sorensen
Elder Sorensen & Elder Bird
Elder Sorensen near Tunari
Our zone in Cochabamba--3 sets of elders & 4 sets of sister missionaries
x









x

Popular posts from this blog

2020-02-03: Study and Apply the Scriptures

Elder Flores, Elder Sorensen, y Elder Ypushima Hola hola!! This week was pretty good :) Still working good and finally starting to find a lot more and better people to teach.  A few good investigators we found:  We found a lady named Lady (haha) and her boyfriend Daniel. They go to a different church but are super interested. They had tons of questions and really want to learn about what we teach. While teaching them, Daniel read 2 entire pamphlets and the whole introduction to the Book of Mormon!!! WOW!! He began asking tons of really good questions. They are awesome. Another lady we found is named Jennifer Lopez. Hahahaha, en serio (Seriously!). She also goes to a different church but really wanted to learn more, especially what doctrines the church is founded in. We had an awesome lesson with her, and she really wants to find the truth.  Also a lady named Erlinda, who was waiting for us when we went back to her house for the appointment. She is a teache...

2019-01-14: An Awesome Week!

This week was super duper awesome! We had an awesome baptism and worked really hard but also had tons of fun. I love being a missionary and helping other people find true happiness. Me and David. He is one month younger than me. Well ok, martes/Tuesday our district meeting was super good. (I love 1 Nephi 19:9 , it makes me think if Jesus did all that for me because He loves me and wants me to be happy, I should love Him too and try harder to do the things He asks of me. I also learned I should develop this love for other people and put their happiness and needs above my own.) Anyways, we got back to Potosi and then after lunch, went to work. We had several people with goals to be baptized the coming Saturday, so we really needed to meet with them. Well, we only found one of them (Remberto), and we had a super good lesson with him, but he is a little hesitant to be baptized because he wants a firm solid testimony before he makes that choice. We explained how that was good but ...

2019-08-26: GOD IS GOOD

E. Sorensen & E. Bird This week was AMAZING. Martes/Tuesday we had consejo de lideres (Leadership Council) and President gave a super good class on a talk by Elder Uchtdorf (who is cargo of the mission work for the church). The talk was called ´´Por tanto, id´´ and it was given specifically for missionaries and presidents. It explained a lot about the importance of baptism and a missionary´s role in helping investigators get baptized. It helped me see that I can work a lot better and harder to help people get baptized. A few super awesome quotes... ´´A day without an effort to look for new people to teach is a day that you didn’t complete your purpose as a missionary´´  or ´´be a fisher of men´´... ´´do you really think Christ would send you to a place where there are no ´fish´ or people to teach? ´´ Dang. Awesome class. Later in the week, I found a talk in our house called the Donaldson Papers. WOW!!! I think every missionary needs to read that talk. It seriously changed...