Skip to main content

2019-07-29: SNOW!! in July?

Well this week was pretty crazy but super awesome. Monday we visited a few families in the night, and the visits went pretty good. It was super-duper cold though, but we were happy because we were carrying mate.

Martes/Tuesday we woke up, and it was snowing. Goll dang. Not what you’d expect in July. My companion put on Christmas music, and it was pretty funny. We had district meetings that morning and almost all of us brought mate. Hahaha. Also it is so dang cold that we could see our breath in the church, during our meetings. That’s cold. In the afternoon it kept raining and snowing. We went around in our ponchos and traditional hats and carrying mate in our portamates. We basically visited all the member families for Waldvogel to say goodbye. It was pretty fun because lots of families wanted to give him a souvenir to take home and/or a good meal, and I was just along for the ride so I got lots of good meals and a few cool souvenirs. It was pretty fun :) It snowed/ rained the whole day, but we literally walked around mate´ing so it was fun.

Miércoles/Wednesday we basically did the same exact thing, just with more investigators than members. We also had a parrillada (barbecue) with our pensionista and her family. It also snowed and rained all that day too. It was so dang cold. But the ponchos really help and kept us warm.

Jueves/Thursday in the morning we sent Waldvogel off to Sucre, and then I stayed with the Centro elders (Roncal y Moulton). We worked super well and had a good day. I read Alma 29:14-16 in my personal study that morning, and I really feel the same as that scripture. I am learning to be happy when others do well and have success. It’s a good feeling to help and see others get better.

Viernes/Friday I stayed with the Centro elders again. I really got to see how much the Lord really prepares people for us to teach. I know we are here doing the Lord’s work and He is guiding us and the people we teach. It was super cool to see how ready their investigators were to hear and receive the gospel.

Sabádo/Saturday I was with Centro elders in the morning, and they had a baptism. It went really well. I also got to help a little bit in a mission prep class that they were doing. In the afternoon I went with the Cerro Rico 1 elders (Martin and Lopez). We had several good citas/appointments in the afternoon, and then they had a baptism in the evening. It was super cool because I knew the family pretty well, and my good bud Elder Bird had taught them and worked super hard with them and just now the oldest girl was getting baptized. It was cool because I knew Elder Bird had worked super hard with her, but she never got baptized until almost a year later. It strengthened my testimony in the way that God plans and does things. Sometimes we really want something and we want it now, but God always sees the bigger picture and has a better plan in mind. I know we need to trust in Him more and try to see the bigger picture just like He does.

Domingo/Sunday went pretty well. In priesthood meeting, we had a super awesome lesson on the Atonement of Jesus Christ (talk by Tad R. Callister). It was super good to study about the Atonement of Christ and how His sufferings help and should change our lives. I know He suffered for each one of us--not only our sins, but also our weaknesses, our afflictions, and our pains and troubles. I know He is able to help us in any moment because He knows exactly how we feel because He has felt the same. It was a super spiritual lesson, and I really enjoyed it. We had a pretty good afternoon and had a super awesome cita with an investigator named Fatima. She loves talking about “the word of God” but says she doesn’t attend any church because she thinks they “all arrive to God.” We had a super awesome talk with her, and she has TONS of super good questions. She listens to lots of different churches (including Jehovah Witness), so she has some goofy beliefs, but I felt the Spirit really strong as we testified about the Bible and how perfectly the Book of Mormon works with it. It was a super spiritual lesson and probably one of the highlights of the week.

I love being a missionary and being a representative of Jesus Christ and His true church. I love feeling the Spirit all the time and helping others feel the same Spirit. Last night we got the cambios/transfers, and my new comp is Elder Vernon from Utah somewhere. A lot of the Potosi zone is changing, so it’s going to be pretty exciting this next cambio. Besides snow and being cold a lot, I’m loving it out here. :)

Les amo!!
Elder Sorensen
Sorensen.tanner@missionary.org

Sorry, no pictures this time.

Popular posts from this blog

2019-09-23: Little Miracles

Hola hola!! This week was pretty awesome and full of little miracles. God is good, all the time. At Incachaca Ok so, martes/Tuesday we had a pretty interesting day. We had meetings in the morning, which went pretty good. After meetings we had lunch, and then we went to work. We had a pretty good visit with this lady named Doña Filomena; she is a super humble lady who works as a maid, housekeeper lady for some pretty rich people. She is awesome though and really wants to learn more about God. Later we went and looked for a few people, and we talked with Nelson, the husband of Salomé. Salomé is a super awesome investigator who really wants to get baptized. However, Nelson had heard some silly things that like “Mormon” means “door to hell” and told us that we are worshipping the devil. We tried to help him see the silliness in what he was saying, but he told us we need to study more because we have no idea what we are doing. So that was pretty disappointing. We tried visiting a ...

2019-03-04: "Hey, why can’t Mormons drink coffee?”

This week was pretty normal but still super awesome. We worked a ton and got a lot done, and it was awesome. My comp is the best, and we got a lot closer this week. Ok, so martes/Tuesday we had a sweet district class about how we can become better disciples of Jesus Christ. In the afternoon we made it back to Betanzos around 2:30p and then got to work at like 3:30p after lunch. We looked for several citas/appointments we had, but they each fell through. We ended going to an investigator that we have (Claudia at the pharmacy), and her sister and husband were there so we contacted them and had a pretty good talk with them. Mièrcoles/Wednesday we had a day full of citas, and it was awesome. We went back to the pharmacy and only the sister (Marisol) was there. She is kind of fun and cool, and we had a sweet lesson. The day before when we had gone to the pharmacy, she was in the back and then out of nowhere she just yelled `Hey why can’t Mormons drink coffee?` So we were lik...

2020-02-03: Study and Apply the Scriptures

Elder Flores, Elder Sorensen, y Elder Ypushima Hola hola!! This week was pretty good :) Still working good and finally starting to find a lot more and better people to teach.  A few good investigators we found:  We found a lady named Lady (haha) and her boyfriend Daniel. They go to a different church but are super interested. They had tons of questions and really want to learn about what we teach. While teaching them, Daniel read 2 entire pamphlets and the whole introduction to the Book of Mormon!!! WOW!! He began asking tons of really good questions. They are awesome. Another lady we found is named Jennifer Lopez. Hahahaha, en serio (Seriously!). She also goes to a different church but really wanted to learn more, especially what doctrines the church is founded in. We had an awesome lesson with her, and she really wants to find the truth.  Also a lady named Erlinda, who was waiting for us when we went back to her house for the appointment. She is a teache...