Skip to main content

2018-09-11: Week 2 en el campo (in the field)

Pictures from p-day in Uyuni / Salt Flats.
(Updated with pictures.)

Well this week was pretty fun! Last miercoles (Wednesday) we did our first intercambios (exchanges with other missionaries). I went to Cerra Rico with Elder Lehman, and his companion Elder Nelson went to San Clemente with Elder Cabrera. It was a really awesome day! It started with a bucket shower because they didn’t have a working lil heater thing. So I went to the roof and got some hot water because for some reason there is a big water heater up there and then took it back down and showered. Hahaha. It was burning hot for a second and then freezing cold. Haha. Oh well. The day was awesome. He had literally every hour planned out and back up contacts to meet if appointments fell through. I loved it. We worked super hard and got lots done. He told me lots about the mission and answered a lot of my questions.

Spanish is coming along good and it helps a lot to have a Latino with me. Also I’m learning a lil bit of Quechua which is super sweet. Also I’ve gotten my workouts here. Haha. Lots of old ladies go to the feria (store?) and buy big bags of rice or sugar or such and then take the trufe to their houses, kind of. Except their houses are usually up super steep hills that trufes don’t go to soooo, hahaha, several times I’ve gotten to carry big bags of sugar or rice or flour or whatever up some pretty long steep hills while my companion talks to them. Hahaha. I really enjoy it because it’s a workout. Haha. And it’s service, so I feel super good.  Church was pretty good. Like usual around here nobody showed up on time, and the meeting started pretty late. Hahaha. Oh well. I ended up playing the piano and Elder Cabrera gave a talk.

We went to Uyuni yesterday, and it was super duper fun. I have tons of pictures, but my camera died so it’ll have to wait until next week. Sorry. We saw lots of cool stuff, and I bought a pretty cool handmade jacket that I really like.

Anyway that’s about it for this week. I love studying the Book of Mormon every day, and it’s way better when I have a question I’m looking for an answer to. Por ejemplo (for example), I was reading in 1 Nephi about when Nephi went back to get the plates, and they tried once and then his older brothers were done. If Nephi had just stayed the young brother and followed along, they wouldn’t have gotten the plates. But he stood up for what he knew was right. And after a few more tries with the Lord’s help they were successful. Super cool and applies so much to me right now, and I learned a lot from it. So I’d encourage you to read the Book of Mormon every single day and before you start, pray, and ask God to help you find answers to your questions. I know He listens to our prayers and wants to help us. The scriptures are the way we can best find answers because they really are the word of God to us. I love you guys and thanks for all the emails!  Hasta lunes (until Monday)!
Elder Sorensen











Popular posts from this blog

2020-02-03: Study and Apply the Scriptures

Elder Flores, Elder Sorensen, y Elder Ypushima Hola hola!! This week was pretty good :) Still working good and finally starting to find a lot more and better people to teach.  A few good investigators we found:  We found a lady named Lady (haha) and her boyfriend Daniel. They go to a different church but are super interested. They had tons of questions and really want to learn about what we teach. While teaching them, Daniel read 2 entire pamphlets and the whole introduction to the Book of Mormon!!! WOW!! He began asking tons of really good questions. They are awesome. Another lady we found is named Jennifer Lopez. Hahahaha, en serio (Seriously!). She also goes to a different church but really wanted to learn more, especially what doctrines the church is founded in. We had an awesome lesson with her, and she really wants to find the truth.  Also a lady named Erlinda, who was waiting for us when we went back to her house for the appointment. She is a teache...

2019-01-14: An Awesome Week!

This week was super duper awesome! We had an awesome baptism and worked really hard but also had tons of fun. I love being a missionary and helping other people find true happiness. Me and David. He is one month younger than me. Well ok, martes/Tuesday our district meeting was super good. (I love 1 Nephi 19:9 , it makes me think if Jesus did all that for me because He loves me and wants me to be happy, I should love Him too and try harder to do the things He asks of me. I also learned I should develop this love for other people and put their happiness and needs above my own.) Anyways, we got back to Potosi and then after lunch, went to work. We had several people with goals to be baptized the coming Saturday, so we really needed to meet with them. Well, we only found one of them (Remberto), and we had a super good lesson with him, but he is a little hesitant to be baptized because he wants a firm solid testimony before he makes that choice. We explained how that was good but ...

2019-08-26: GOD IS GOOD

E. Sorensen & E. Bird This week was AMAZING. Martes/Tuesday we had consejo de lideres (Leadership Council) and President gave a super good class on a talk by Elder Uchtdorf (who is cargo of the mission work for the church). The talk was called ´´Por tanto, id´´ and it was given specifically for missionaries and presidents. It explained a lot about the importance of baptism and a missionary´s role in helping investigators get baptized. It helped me see that I can work a lot better and harder to help people get baptized. A few super awesome quotes... ´´A day without an effort to look for new people to teach is a day that you didn’t complete your purpose as a missionary´´  or ´´be a fisher of men´´... ´´do you really think Christ would send you to a place where there are no ´fish´ or people to teach? ´´ Dang. Awesome class. Later in the week, I found a talk in our house called the Donaldson Papers. WOW!!! I think every missionary needs to read that talk. It seriously changed...